[DPRG] DETAILS: Frisco mini-Maker Faire

Subject: [DPRG] DETAILS: Frisco mini-Maker Faire
From: paradug paradug at gmail.com
Date: Thu Apr 24 08:03:12 CDT 2014

-All,
     Here are the details for the Frisco mini-Maker Faire.

   FAIRE LOCATION: The faire is at the Sci-Tech Discovery Center in Frisco, TX. The address is 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy. The entrance is on the
                    East side frontage  road of the Dallas North Tollway. If you are heading North, you should take the Cotton Gin Rd / Main St exit,
                    which is a few exits North of the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

   FAIRE HOURS:  Saturday 10 AM – 6 PM and Sunday Noon – 6 PM.

   SETUP:   We can setup on Friday anywhere between ~3 and 8 PM.  Additional setup time is available on Saturday between 8 and 10 AM.
                 Plans are to setup on Friday, I will be at the museum about 3 PM.

   TABLES:  The faire will provide us with 8 six foot tables. They have asked that we bring extension cords and power strips, since they
                   have a limited number. They will have gaffer’s tape we can use to prevent a trip hazards.

    PARKING: For setup and take down we can park as close to the entrance as we can. During the faire, participants should park in the
                  far parking lot.

   TAKE DOWN:  We will pack up after the faire closes on Sunday.

   WAIVERS:  I have attached a PDF version of the wavier. You can fill it out using the instructions below and email the document to
                     Franco Herrera at email address franco.herrera at scitechdiscovery.org. You can also bring it to the faire at check in.

   CREDENTIALS/BADGES: Badges will be issued at check in. The best way to speed the process is for you to email me your name and
                    email in your wavier. I will provide Franco with a list of names. It is possible to get your badges individually at the faire,
                    by checking in at the registration desk, but it will take longer.

    If you have any questions, you can email me at paradug at gmail.com.

Regards,
Doug P.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT / SIGNING PDF DOCUMENTS USING ADOBE READER:
If you are unfamiliar with filling out PDF forms, here is a small tutorial.

1. Open PDF document in Adobe reader.
2. Under the menu bar should be a tool bar. On the right side of the tool bar are 3 commands “Tools   Sign    Comment”.
3. Select Sign.
4. A sidebar should open on the right. Select the “I need to sign” drop down option.
5. Select the “Add Text” option. A new toolbar should open and the cursor will change to a text tool cursor.
6. Place the text tool cursor over a form field that you need to fill and add your information.
7. Fill out all the fields. In the title field I suggest something like “DPRG Member”.
8. At the signature field, select “Place Signature” option on the right toolbar menu.
9. A new window with various ways to enter your signature should open.
10. In my case, I used the webcam option. Write your signature on a piece of picture and hold the signature in front of the webcam.
11. When you get it looking right. Click the accept button.
      This only needs to be done once per computer and the signature can be used on future documents.

12. Select “Sign and send” option on the right toolbar and place the signature in the right location.
13. Save your document. You can send from Adobe reader, but I prefer to send via my email pgm.