[DPRG] Maker-Participant check in Instructions for the Frisco Mini Maker Faire

Subject: [DPRG] Maker-Participant check in Instructions for the Frisco Mini Maker Faire
From: paradug paradug at gmail.com
Date: Fri Apr 25 20:35:35 CDT 2014

-All,
   Below are the maker-participant check in instructions for the Frisco mini-Maker Faire.
Regards,
Doug P.

DIRECTIONS:

  Sci-Tech Discovery Center is located at 8004 N Dallas Parkway, Frisco, Texas 75034.  It is inside the Frisco Discovery Center facility, which is the southern 1/3 of the great warehouse building at this address.  The northern 2/3 is GEA, a food processing company.  Our part of the building has a red façade, on the right end of the facility as you approach it.  Visitor parking is available in the lots in front of the building.  Participants can park behind the building under carport cover.  That will help keep the front parking lots available to visitors over the weekend.

  If you approach Frisco northbound on the Tollway (the usual approach), exit at Cotton Gin/Main St.  Turn right at the first driveway on the frontage road.  That driveway leads up to the warehouse.  For those who might be interested, the building was constructed to be a rocket factory in 2000.  Didn’t work out …

FOR PARTICIPANTS COMING ON Saturday, APRIL 26:

  You can set up between 8-10am unless other arrangements have been made for you to set up Friday or if coming in later Saturday.

  Deliver your stuff at the front entrance, check in at the Maker table, and then please park around back behind the building under those carport covers.

  The facility has a vending machine but no food service.  We’ve arranged for Dickey’s BBQ to come to the event both days to sell BBQ and hot dogs.  They’ll park and work out of the parking lot in front.  Bring cash to purchase food if you don’t bring your own with you.

  When you need to step away from your table/area for restroom or food breaks or to look around and talk with other Participants, please ensure one of your team members keeps an eye on your stuff while you’re gone.  If you are working solo, let one of us – the staff – know and we’ll keep an eye on your equipment while you’re gone.

  If you are participating both days this weekend, you can leave your equipment overnight so you don’t have to haul things around repeatedly.

FOR PARTICIPANTS COMING ON Sunday, APRIL 27:

  You can set up 10-12pm Sunday morning.

  Deliver your stuff at the front entrance, check in at the Maker table, and then please park around back behind the building under those carport covers.

  We’ve arranged for food vendors (Dickey’s BBQ and Poparella Gourmet Popcorn) to sell out on the parking lot.  If it rains and food vendors cannot come, we’ll bring in pizzas for Participants instead.

  When you need to step away from your table/area for restroom or food breaks or to look around and talk with other Participants, please ensure one of your team members keeps an eye on your stuff while you’re gone.  If you are working solo, let one of us – the staff – know and we’ll keep an eye on your equipment while you’re gone.

  If it rains, we’ll lose the outdoor activity component of the Faire.  We’ll try to make accommodations to bring things inside, but we’ll play that by ear.  Just depends on how crowded it may be, how much space we may have available in the science center then.  There are other activities going on in the Frisco Discovery Center, so we will not have the lobby space available to us Sunday.

Looking forward to a fun, engaging Maker Faire, folks.

Thank you all, again, for offering to share your projects, interests, crafts, and art with the families of North Texas.

DURING THE EVENT, EASIEST WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH US IS TEXTING: 214-287-5746!

Paul