[DPRG] Motor moving to sound

Subject: [DPRG] Motor moving to sound
From: vincent lopresti spaceminers2010 at yahoo.com
Date: Mon Apr 28 21:14:52 CDT 2014

i had a neat toy model motorcycle as a kid that sounded real! it had an 8ohm speaker in parallel with the little dc motor that spun the wheel. as you rev'ed the throttle [potentiometer] the motor would speed up. CEMF would pulse the speaker. no amp needed!

you need to do the same but in reverse. add a diode to the motor so the sound signal will only cause it rotate in one direction. experiment with different size capacitors across the motor to control stuttering. sometimes just guessing at values and trying different things work best in these situations.

  .    .
   \  /
   Ro
  BoT