[DPRG] 2015 RoboColumbus

Subject: [DPRG] 2015 RoboColumbus
From: James LeRoy james at getsurreal.com
Date: Thu Dec 4 15:03:26 CST 2014

I very much like your proposed new competition, but I thought part of
the idea was to get entry robots with navigation involved that might not
have the cone touching end game ready.  With that type of robot only
being able to max out at 3 points it would not be very competitive in
the competition.

What if it was a two stage event?
Stage 1 - navigation to way points only.
Stage 2 - navigation and cone touching..

You must get two points in stage 1 to compete in stage 2, but an entry
robot could still win stage 1 and not compete in stage 2.

That's similar to how I thought we would evolve the 6 can competition.
Stage 1 - collect cans without an apposing robot
Stage 2 - compete head to head

-James