[DPRG] Hero 1

Subject: [DPRG] Hero 1
From: ed at okerson.com ed at okerson.com
Date: Sun Jan 5 19:47:22 CST 2014

Thanks Tom,

OK, On closer inspection (opening the chassis) I found the wiring harness
is intact.  I thought these were wired on the outside of the chassis.

The shoulder looks to be fine, it is just the wrist that is broken.  Looks
like it was a cheap plastic part that wouldn't take much to break.  Maybe
I will fabricate one out of something stronger.  Any ideas where I could
get drawings for what the part looked like before breaking?

The batteries are not there, nor did it come with a charger (or training
pendant).  I figured some off the shelf lead acid batteries would fit.  I
have read where people replaced the 4 6V batteries with 2 12V ones to
lower the center of gravity as well.  I don't know which battery leads go
to positive or negative, so won't plug in anything just yet.

As for the standard robot libraries, have you looked at ROS (Robot
Operating System)?

Ed Okerson