[DPRG] Surface Mobility Platform

Subject: [DPRG] Surface Mobility Platform
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Wed Jan 8 11:49:14 CST 2014

I looked at this chassis a few years ago. This one is a version based on
one from Coroware. I mocked up a version using 1/2" PVC pipe to see how
it worked. I was thinking of building a larger version if it worked but
then got working on the NASA SRR.

The body mounts on a rod that connects the two rocker bogies. It is kept
horizontal by the pivot arm at the rear. It is all passive. An
interesting piece of engineering.

- 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
* /Mystic Lake Software <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>