[DPRG] FAA and Commercial Drones

Subject: [DPRG] FAA and Commercial Drones
From: David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Date: Sat Jan 11 17:01:52 CST 2014

Seems like there are perhaps two different questions here.  One is a
sort of a privacy issue, which it looks like the Texas law was meant to
address.  The other is a public safety issue.

If I understand the Texas law, I can indeed fly my drone up and down the
block over the roofs and yards of my neighbours and their playing
children, as long as I'm not using a camera or taking any pictures.

Or I can just get the expressed consent of all my neighbours. That's a
privacy and copyright issue.

But the safety issue remains.   I guess I'm more concerned with the
safety issue.   Privacy and copyright are a huge can of worms even
without the drone component.  ;)

dpa