[DPRG] Big Robot Project

Subject: [DPRG] Big Robot Project
From: Ron Grant deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 13 11:21:28 CST 2014

 Doug,

The pipe that would make arm / leg segments for 6' robot is 4" PVC Thin-Wall Pipe (Sewer / Drain Pipe). I have at least one spare 10 foot long piece.

ID = 4.0"
OD= 4.2"  (0.100" wall)

The commonly available schedule-40 pipe is too thick and heavy.  (closer to 0.25" wall thickness)

If the existing model was scaled you would only need 5 feet of pipe.

(6) Upper / Lower Leg segments, upper arm at 8" long each
(2) Lower-Arm at 6" long each

I will get together some drawings of the model I built.

Ron