[DPRG] Big Robot Project

Subject: [DPRG] Big Robot Project
From: steve at txtulip.com steve at txtulip.com
Date: Wed Jan 15 16:56:01 CST 2014

     I missed the meeting when this was proposed so I'm kind of missing some background, but I do have experience with demo stuff. Judging by the design... I personally think the hardest thing to do is to teach it to say "Klaatu barada nikto" I propose a shortcut... swipe Big Tex and motorize him.... Actually I'm intrigued  by the control system. It is not an integrated system but seems  a bit "bodged" together and I wonder if using non dedicated parts is really a good idea. In particular, using a laptop. I understand it is perfectly acceptable but an actual robot controller might be smarter... Just a thought.

Steve