[DPRG] A Modest Proposal

Subject: [DPRG] A Modest Proposal
From: Ron Grant deltagraph at aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:13:53 CST 2014

Hello David,
Here is a counter proposal:

Solo Soccer

If a person feels/knows their robot can locate and move at least one can to the "opponent" goal in 20 seconds then they may choose to enter your robot in the solo soccer contest.

Opting for the solo contest and failing to meet that initial goal of first can in 20 seconds will result in termination of the solo run (after 20 seconds) and you will be required to compete in the two contestant soccer match or make a donation to the "big robot project" of at least $20 or opt to have your robot dropped from a height of 20 feet onto a hard surface. (I am big on 20s this morning).

If your robot moves meets the initial 20 second goal, it is allowed to continue for up to 3 minutes or until all of the cans have been moved to the goal.

Someone can work out the formula for the  time/can count scoring details for the contest.

Ron Grant

PS I realize that there is a loophole favoring people who build poor performing impact resistant robots. They can enter solo soccer without penalty.

PPS I dropping bit can be deleted if it seems too extreme. Was probably trying to make the post more interesting to read.