[DPRG] TOF laser range finder

Subject: [DPRG] TOF laser range finder
From: steve at txtulip.com steve at txtulip.com
Date: Mon Mar 24 14:33:33 CDT 2014

Hope this does not cause a problem, but what power laser are we talking about? I'm uncomfortable with a class2 or higher laser potentially smacking someone in the eyes. A handheld laser you use for measuring room distance or the distance on a golf course has a human operator who is potentially wise enough not to shine it at people, but a robot scanning with a laser probably doesn't have the discretion so I feel compelled to mention that there is a potential hazard and precautions should be taken to ensure everyone's safety.

Steve