[DPRG] neural nets fundamental flaw

Subject: [DPRG] neural nets fundamental flaw
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Tue May 27 13:12:49 CDT 2014

I am reminded by this of the original neural net research device: The
Perceptron. Soon after the results were published about it someone did
an analysis that showed that 'neural nets' were limited in capabilities.
Research died. Late someone showed that the limitations only applied to
single layer neural nets. Research rebounded.

I have no idea if this situation is analogous, especially with the
comment about humans having the same problem. But it appears the
solution is to change the perspective which is not difficult. Humans do
this regularly with saccadic movement of the eye. We don't realize it
but the eye is constantly jumping even as we focu on a specific point.

- 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
* /Mystic Lake Software <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>
/