[DPRG] [atxhs-discuss] Never going to buy a MakerBot now

Subject: [DPRG] [atxhs-discuss] Never going to buy a MakerBot now
From: David P. Anderson davida at smu.edu
Date: Wed May 28 09:26:17 CDT 2014

A few years ago, at the behest of some heavy hitters, the US changed
it's patent policy from "first to invent" to "first to file."  This sort
of thing is the natural consequence of that decision.

The US Patent system is broken, as is widely known.  It no longer serves
it's original purpose.  The ultra-conservative Federal Reserve in St.
Louis even wrote a lengthy paper about the benefits of abolishing it
altogether, and argued that it is basically un-fixable.

Unless and until that happens, expect more of this sort of thing to
come.  We reap what we sow.