[DPRG] DD1-1 Tank Chassis

Subject: [DPRG] DD1-1 Tank Chassis
From: Paradug paradug at gmail.com
Date: Thu Oct 16 17:12:20 CDT 2014

David,
    I wasn’t trying to suggest the DD1-1 specifically as a rover robot. I was more interested in some of the design ideas built into it. I agree it would perform as an indoor robot better than an outdoor robot. However, it might interest someone who wants to explore tank type robots. I had never seen them before. Those yellow Chinese dual shaft motors are so cheap that they are being used in a lot of kits (indoor).

  It would be interesting if Steve could come up with some type of large scale tank track chain like pieces (like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:471357) make of that new material he is 3d printing.

  The Razor and Odyssey chassis that you linked to are very nice. They also have some interesting ideas that might be appropriated into a future home built chassis.

I still playing with my own chassis design, not for November but sometime in the future.

Thanks for the input!
Regards,
Doug P.