[DPRG] DD1-1 Tank Chassis

Subject: [DPRG] DD1-1 Tank Chassis
From: Rud Merriam rudmerriam at gmail.com
Date: Thu Oct 16 18:42:17 CDT 2014

I have a lot of experience with the Wild Thumpers since I have 6 of
them, maybe 7. Some are 34:1 and some 75:1 ratio motors.

The tires are high friction so have trouble on carpets and grass. I
originally had the 34:1s but they would not turn well on grass so got
the 75:1s but even they have trouble with a tight skid turn. What
happens is the inside front wheel tips way down and locks the chassis
from moving. That also lifts the outside tire away from the surface so
it just spins. If I keep working with them I may try to find smooth
tires to replace the existing ones.

- 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
* /Mystic Lake Software <http://mysticlakesoftware.com/>