On May 11, 2019, Dallas Personal Robotics Group (DPRG) will conduct its 24th annual Roborama competition. The competition consists of a group of contests that provides opportunities for roboticists of all skill levels a chance to compete. The competition also has specific contests that are exclusively for students and student teams. Prizes are rewarded to the contestants that place in the top 3 positions. The contests are open to the public. Anyone can compete and all are welcome to watch.
11:00 Contestants can have their robots checked for weight, size, and compliance. It may also be possible to test run robots.
12:00 Last call for robot checks.
12:30 Start of competition. Student competitions will go held first.
1:45 End of student competitions.
3:30-4:00 End of competition
The competition contests are:
- Plastic Fasteners-only Sumo (students only) – Robots made of Vex IQ, Lego Mindstorms, or similar plastic part systems go head to head in a contest of power and strategy.
- Line Following – Robots follow a twisty line in a race of robot tracking and speed. There are levels for beginners, advanced robots, and really advanced robots (Challenge level). The beginner level has both student and adult divisions.
- Quick Trip – A test of a robot’s ability to drive in a straight line and turn.
- Four Corners – Robots navigate a large square and compete to see who can come the closest to their starting point.
- Table Top Classic – Robots defy Falling from a table while performing task involving soda cans. This contest is the “classic” version of the Table Top competition, not Table Top 2, which is a different contest.
- Can-Can Soccer – Two robots race to remove cans from an arena while avoiding each other.
- Plastic Fastener-only Sumo sumo-plastic_fasteners_only-v20190119
- Line Following line_following_v20171111
- Quick Trip quick_trip_v20180130_3
- Four Corners four_corners-20180430
- Table Top Classic table_top_classic_v20190118
- Can-Can Soccer can-can_soccer-v20190119
- Free for students of any grade level
- Free for DPRG and DMS Members
- $10 for non-DPRG Member adults (per team, allows participation in all contests)
- Preregistration – https://www.dprg.org/contest-pre-registration/
Preregistering helps the events run more smoothly and makes sure you are aware of any important news about the events. Plastic Fasteners-only Sumo event has a limit on the number of teams that can participate. Preregistered teams are given priority.