Carl’s “Additional VS Code notes”:More_VS_Tips-Carl
What: Virtual RBNO meeting.
• March 31th at 7:30 pm Dallas time (CST)
• Continuing each Tuesday evening until the crisis is over and the Dallas Makerspace reopens.
• Join Hangouts Meet https://meet.google.com/txt-icwv-qgc
• Join by phone +1 662-472-1236 PIN: 206 934 807#
• Talk robots & related stuff.
• Keep going while we’re stuck at home.
• Make it easier for people to attend DPRG remotely on Tuesday, RBNO’s normal time.
Agenda: RBNV – March 31th
• Round Table – everybody spends a couple minutes telling what projects they’re working on as we’re all stuck at home
• Ad-hoc Presentations –
• • “My robot makes movies”- How to capture frames at high speed then stitch them together into mp4 video.
• • How to make your Raspberry Pi file system show up as a directory on your computer.
• • “Where would you steer?”- A short survey of robot camera images to study how the average person would respond if they were steering.
• • More Tips & Tricks using Microsoft VS Code for robot projects.
• • • Features that help write code better.
• • • Use VS Code on your laptop to edit & compile code on a Raspberry Pi across a network connection.
• Whoever else would like to show & tell.
Note 1: We do record a video of these sessions and post them on the DPRG YouTube channel. By joining the meeting you’re giving consent to be included in the recording.
Note 2: Our first Robot Builders Night Virtual was well received last week. We had 8 or 10 participants and healthy discussion on a variety of topics. We also found that a participant had some robot battery power budget questions – so we scheduled a sidebar session and helped with that…
Link to last week’s RBNV and Carl’s instructions to using VS can be found at, last week’s RBNV.